Website terms and conditions
The Inroads website (https://inroads.org.au) provides general information for informational and educational purposes only about managing anxiety and alcohol use. This website is created and provided by the Matilda Centre for Research in Mental Health and Substance Use at the University of Sydney, ABN 15 211 513 464 (“University”). In these Terms, 'us', 'we' and 'our' means the University of Sydney. The Inroads program is accessible from this website. The Inroads program is an online intervention to help people manage anxiety and alcohol use.
No medical advice is provided in the information accessed through this website. The anxiety and depression-based measures provided by this website are intended to assess symptoms associated with mental health disorders. They are not, and should not, be treated as a substitute for a formal diagnosis.
If you believe you or any other individual has a medical emergency or any other health problem, you should promptly call an emergency medical service provider or consult your physician or healthcare provider. You should seek immediate medical attention if you think you may be suffering from any medical condition.
Warranties and general disclaimers
To the maximum extent permitted by law, including the Australian Consumer Law, we make no warranties or representations about this website or its content, including but not limited to warranties or representations that they will be complete, accurate or up-to-date, that access will be uninterrupted or error-free or free from viruses, or that this website will be secure.
We reserve the right to vary, change, update, restrict, suspend or terminate without notice your access to this website, any content, or any feature of this website at any time without notice and we will not be responsible for any loss, cost, damage or liability that may arise as a result.
When you visit our website and register for an account, we give you a limited account to access and use our information for personal use (“Permitted Use”). You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for personal use only provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trademark or other proprietary notice. Any use other than the Permitted Use of the Inroads program content shall constitute an infringement of our intellectual property rights relating to the Inroads program
Notwithstanding the Permitted Use, you are expressly prohibited from:
- using any data mining robots or other extraction tools in relation to the information on the website and Inroads program;
- using meta-tags or mirroring the website without our prior written consent;
- assigning or granting a sub-licence of or commercially exploiting, granting a security interest over, or otherwise transferring, your rights to use the Inroads program
- copying, reproducing, storing, transmitting, publishing, modifying, creating a derivative work from, reverse engineering, reverse assembling or otherwise creating derivate works from any part of the Inroads program or its content;
- causing any of the Inroads program to be framed or embedded in another website or app;
- commercialising any content, products or services in the Inroads program, or
- distributing any portion of the Inroads program to any third party or making the Inroads program available to any third party in any way other than in a manner specifically permitted under these Terms and Conditions.
Your use of this website, use of and access to any content does not grant or transfer any rights, title or interest to you in relation to this website or its content. However, we grant you a licence to access the website and view the content when you comply with these Terms and Conditions and, where applicable, as expressly authorised by us.
This website is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, commercially exploit, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any content, software, products, or services contained within this website. You may not use this website or any of its content to further any commercial purpose, including any advertising or advertising revenue generation activity on your own website.
The content of this website is protected under Australian and international copyright laws and conventions unless stated otherwise. Reproduction or use of any content of this website is prohibited other than for good faith personal and non-commercial purposes. No content reproduced may be altered or presented in a false or misleading manner, whether by incorporation with other information or alone. University’s limited permission to reproduce or use content does not extend to including any substantial portion of the content of this website in any work or publication, regardless of its form. Any reproduction or use of any content must always attribute copyright ownership to the University.
The University is committed to upholding the rights of copyright owners. If you believe that copyright material is available on this website in such a way that it constitutes a copyright infringement or a breach of a contract or licence, please notify the University.
The trade marks owned by the University are protected by Australian and international laws. You may not reproduce any of the trade marks of the University without written authorisation.
Privacy and collection notice
- how we store and use, and how you may access and correct your personal information;
- how you can lodge a complaint regarding the handling of your personal information; and
The website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous statistics on the number of visitors to the website, record user activity and approximate location of users based on the detected IP address. All these data are de-identified by Google.
You may link to our website without our consent. Any such linking will be entirely your sole responsibility and at your sole expense. By linking, you must not alter any of our website's contents, including any intellectual property notices, and you must not frame or reformat any of our pages, files, images, text or other materials.
Liability and indemnity
The information on this website is not comprehensive and is intended to provide a summary of the subject matter covered. The University strives to keep the information displayed on this website up-to-date but does not guarantee the information's accuracy, reliability or currency. Any errors in the information that are brought to the University’s attention will be corrected as soon as possible. The University reserves the right to change at any time without notice any information displayed on this website. The University accepts no liability for any loss or damage a person suffers because that person has directly or indirectly relied on any information displayed on this website. In no event will the University or its employees be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information in this website or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
By using the website or accessing the Inroads program and it’s content, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any and all claims, allegations, actions, losses, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees (on a full indemnity basis), however arising (whether in negligence or otherwise) in connection with:
- your use, misuse or reliance on the website, Inroads program and any content accessed through the website,
- any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions, and
- any acts or omissions by you.
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise indicated, we own or license from third parties all rights, title and interest (including copyright, designs, patents, trademarks and other intellectual property rights) in this website and in all of the material (including all text, graphics, logos, audio and software) made available on this website (content). Your use of this website and use of and access to any content does not grant or transfer any rights, title or interest to you in relation to this website or the content. However, we do grant you a licence to access the website and view the content on the Terms set out in this Agreement.
Any reproduction or redistribution of this website or the content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties. In addition, you must not copy the content to any other server, location or support for publication, reproduction or distribution is expressly prohibited. All other use, copying or reproduction of this website, the content or any part of it is prohibited, except to the extent permitted by law.
You must not do any act that we would deem to be inappropriate, is unlawful or is prohibited by any laws applicable to the website, including but not limited to:
- any act that would constitute a breach of either the privacy (including uploading private or personal information without an individual's consent) or any other of the legal rights of individuals;
- using this website to defame or libel us, our employees or other individuals;
- uploading files that contain viruses that may cause damage to our property or the property of other individuals; or
- posting or transmitting to this website any non-authorised material including, but not limited to, material that is, in our opinion, likely to cause annoyance, or which is defamatory, racist, obscene, threatening, pornographic or otherwise or which is detrimental to or in violation of our systems or a third party's systems or network security.
If we allow you to post any information to our website, we have the right to take down this information at our sole discretion and without notice.
Your use of the website, Inroads program and its content, and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts exercising jurisdiction in New South Wales.